POLISH + PRINT MASTERCLASS for LAUD MAGAZINE
This Masterclasses has been designed to help emerging artist grow and produce high end industry images for their portfolio being guided by Australia’s leading professionals.
Many young artists struggle to find industry professionals to collaborate with and get their work published in reputable industry magazines, Cameron Jane has done the collaboration for you.
Artists work will be published as part of an editorial story in Laud issue #7.
Beauty. Hair. Fashion. Art. From the street to the elite, LAUD is capturing the zeitgeist of creatives worldwide.
Laud is a luxury beauty publication released quarterly across Australia, New York and Los Angeles. The magazine features beauty, hair, body art and special effects shot in a high fashion editorial style with top tier models and personalities from across the globe.
Laud profiles many of the world’s most recognisable names in the hair and beauty industry whilst introducing the next wave of talented artists.
Each issue includes cutting edge editorials, in depth interviews, the latest beauty products in the market and exclusive visual content designed to excite and inspire. The perfect publication for hair and makeup artists influenced by the worlds of fashion cinema and art.
Combining current luxury fashion with avante garde concepts, Laud aims to expand the public’s definition of what beauty can be.
This course has been spread over three weeks to ensure artists have the opportunity to bring their best work forward. All Participants receive feedback from the professional team over this time;
- brief to brainstorm ideas
- design and refine
MEET THE TEAM
Trish Lee-Geosits Publisher and creator of Laud Magazine
Cameron-Jane ThomasDirector and Principal of Cameron Jane Makeup Design, ABIA Educator of the Year 2016 and inducted into the Hall of Fame.
Rachel Montgomery Makeup artist of the year several times will guide you through every step of the editorial process.
Carlo Fernandes Beauty and fashion photographer will guide you with your model selection and provide you with amazing images.
Course Dates: 13th, 20th & 27th August
Course Fees: $1400 + GST
- Fees include the three days guidance and collaboration of ideas from the above industry professionals.
- One retouched image and a full page credited published work in the magazine as part of an editorial story.
- The use of Industry editorial hair stylists (sourced by CJMD) if required for the image brief and shot layout.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
COURSE ENROLMENT SUBMISSON:
All artists must supply images of their work by providing their website link and social media accounts and certificates of industry qualifications. The team will review your work for your enrolment to be finalised. The artist will receive a confirmation email if your submission of enrolment has made the cut.
ONLY 9 Enrolments will make the team for the 9 page editorial story.
CLASSROOM ACTIVTIES: Artists are required to supply a model for day two of the course to practice and refine their look. Artists must ensure this model has similar features that are the focus of their brief design, (eg full lips. Almond shape eye, full brows etc)
SUBMISSON MODEL: All artists are to source a professional model for the magazine submission. Artists are to provide comp cards of the model for the team to review on the first day of the course to see if they are to an industry standard. If artists cannot find a model CJMD will contact Sydney Modelling Agencies before the course start date to provide students with the packages of models that are available for the shoot date and the rates. Artists must have own ABN for invoicing direct with the agency.
All artists will receive 1 retouched image from the shoot with the credits. These images will not be released until the magazine has been published.
Artists are not to publish any behind the scenes images on social media before the magazine publication has been released.
CJMD will organise a stylist for the shoot.
All artists are to submit their mood boards for hair design on the second day of the course. The team will provide feedback on this look to ensure it works as a whole for the editorial story.
If artists have an editorial hair stylist they would like to work with they must submit their credentials with their enrolment submission. The team will confirm if this artist is approved.
CJMD will supply industry editorial hair stylists if required for the image brief and shot layout.
Students are required to bring in their laptops and are to bring in their full makeup kit. CJMD does not provide equipment for the participants.
Step One: Complete the enrolment form and return back to the academy before the 1st August by either scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax 02 9212 7744 or mail to PO Box 1309 Strawberry Hills NSW 2012.
Step two: The team will review your submission and confirm if you have secured your place in the course on the 3rd August.
Step Three: Once you have been confirmed the full payment of the course is required to secure your place in the course.
Step Four: A welcome pack will be emailed to you before the course commences.
Sunday 13th August.
10am – 4pm
- Trish from Laud will introduce the artists to the Magazine
- Rachel and Carlo to introduce themselves, discuss their careers
- Team to discuss creativity
- Team to deliver the brief
- Team and artists to brainstorm what the brief means and creative ideas
- Rachel to demo her creative makeup concept from the brief as a guide
- Artists to start working on their creative concept to the brief by designing mood boards, face charts etc
- Team to review model selections and hair stylists (if applicable from enrolment)
- Team to review everyone’s ideas as a whole for the editorial story.
Sunday 20th August
10am – 4pm
- Artists will present their creative concept to Rachel for critiquing including hair designs
- Rachel to provide demos on creative techniques to help artists prepare for their design work
- Artists are required to bring in a model for practicing and refining their look with Rachel
Sunday 27th August
- Photoshoot day
- Artists will be presented with a schedule for the shoot ay allowing each artist time to perfect and capture their design.